Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Dozen of Thirty by Diana Moses Botkin



"Mona Lisa's Legs"
Oil 6.5"x11", unframed
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

Buy this painting
$300 USD/$12 SH

What do you suppose daVinci's Mona looked like as a figurative model?

I'm guessing she was more plump than this young lady, but perhaps if Leonardo was working nowadays, he'd chose someone lean and muscular.

The challenge this month to do a new piece every day has been good in so many ways. The daily practice has been instructional to me and even though other tasks are not getting done, it is good to set aside a large chunk of my day to paint and draw.

Some days I have started paintings but needed to work on them longer. The drawings served on those days as faster pieces to post for completed work.

My inventory list is off to a good start this year. Last year I was much slower with work and did not have this many pieces done until March. Granted I had been working on a commission and another pretty large painting, so those took up a lot of my painting time.

Speaking of inventory: have you seen my newest article? It's about making an inventory list: how-to, advantages, and practical hints. You can check it out in the latest issue of Professional Artist Magazine.

No comments: