Monday, January 28, 2013

A Girl Needs a Red Dress 13027, Figurative Oil Painting, 9x7, Day 27 of the 30/30 Challenge by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

A Girl Needs a Red Dress 13027
9x7 on canvas panel, original oil
$90.00

 Purchase through my online gallery at Daily Paintworks HERE.

(Painted for day 27 of 30 of the Leslie Saeta paint 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.)

I took my first oil workshop last January with Peggi Kroll Roberts in Lodi, CA.  She started us off with a still life then on to figures. During the month of February I posted some figure work from her DVD's.  Later in March I went to Tucson for a figure plein air. The Red Dress Girl above is from a photo I took of one of the models from that workshop out in the beautiful backyard overlooking Tucson. In the photo there was a bright blue swimming pool behind the model and I decided just to add a blue band. I love painting figures and I really love how Peggi Kroll Roberts paints figures. This is one of my faves at the Knowlton Gallery who hosted the January workshop.   Garden Figure. 
(You will have to search by Peggi's name to see her work)

Sold today to a Colorado Art Collector.
Living Large 13018 6x6 on Ampersand Gessobord, Oil with palette knife


TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE, ARTISTS OF TEXAS, BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, LESLIE SAETA, PALETTE KNIFE PAINTERS, FIGURATIVE OIL, RED DRESS, GIRL IN RED DRESS, PEGGI KROLL ROBERTS,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net
Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: