Friday, January 25, 2013

A Pig, No a Rooster 13024, Oil Rooster Painting, 30/30 Challenge, Day 24 of 30, by Texas Contemporary Artist Nancy Standlee

A Pig, No a Rooster 13024
6x6, Ampersand Gessobord, original oil
$75

 Purchase through my online gallery at Daily Paintworks HERE.

(Painted for day 24 of 30 of the Leslie Saeta paint 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.)

During this challenge I wanted to paint some things I'd always wanted to paint. I had a great photo of a pig eating out of a blue tub with a chicken inside. I'd taken the photo on a trip to Gun Barrel City for a girl friend long painting weekend.  I spent considerable time trying to find it in my computer files and painted on it way too long, thought it was finished, and on the way to bed took another look and thought, "I can't post this. It looks like a hyena and the ground is the same color as the pig. Whatever made me think I could paint a pig? Why did I even want to? This is an embarrassing painting." I scraped off the paint and grabbed up a rooster photo nearby and put the rooster in place of the pig. I know there are some great pig painters out there but it's just not going to be me - for this challenge at least. 
 I keep working on my Facebook Fan Page at Nancy Standlee Fine Art so expect to get an invitation from me soon to LIKE my page.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE, ARTISTS OF TEXAS, BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE, FINE ART, DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, LESLIE SAETA, PALETTE KNIFE PAINTERS, ROOSTER OIL PAINTING,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net
Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: