Sunday, January 6, 2013

Green Apple Sunday 13005, Oil, 6x8, Leslie Saeta 30 Paintings in 30 Day Challenge, by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee

Green Apple Sunday 13005
Oil on canvas panel 6x8 in.
$80 
 Purchase through my online gallery at Daily Paintworks HERE.

I had one painting ahead for about 2 days but now it's rushing to the finish line each day and today before I've posted had to wait for the sun for the photo. Whew! The apple oil is to add to the 250 plus other paintings posted on the Leslie Saeta Slices of Life blog for her 30 paintings in 30 day challenge. Leslie says she had over 4000 hits on her blog yesterday which is amazing in itself. 
Good news yesterday, I sold Spur Me On Sunflower and it will be heading to OH in about 2 weeks. Remember if you purchase an oil painting it will take about 2 weeks before it's dry enough for mailing. Some daily painters keep ahead with a months supply of dry paintings. Now I have a month's supply of old paintings around here IF there wasn't that one rule of painting each day.
I'm taking the Leslie Saeta WebinART's class  that started January 2 on marketing and the first week is on building a web site and that was one of my goals for 2013....update my neglected web site but instead I'm just building another which eventually will have the same name. This one is still under construction but I'm sharing the link so I can receive any comments for improvement. There is a possibility there may be daily changes for awhile. The URL is http://nancystandlee.weebly.com/index.html.
Green Apple Sunday is painted with water soluble oils, brush and palette knife. That was another goal to try out the water soluble oils. The jury is still out. I think they would be great for travel. If painting in oil and traveling, the first stop is to find some medium when you land. I painted green apples in acrylic HERE and it has always been a favorite and it sold to a Burleson, TX collector.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST. GREEN APPLE OIL PAINTING

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: