Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Judas Watercolor Sketch February Challenge

Judas watercolor sketch for the February challenge is 4 x 6 inches and of a painting by Edwin Okun.  I love this painting -- I love the colors - his red hair against the dark blue sky.  The view of Jerusalem reminds of a place we stopped for pictures*.   I don't remember any rocks being there.  He may have added those for the composition of the painting -- instead of your eye going straight across, the rocks drawn your eye down to Judas.     I would have loved to do a better version for the word "unlucky" for the February challenge but my time was limited because my art group met last night.....  *I am posting a photo from my trip to Israel which is similar to this spot.
The view of Jerusalem is the history of the world;
 it is more, it is the history of earth and of heaven.
Benjamin Disraeli

Please see the paintings purchasing information for some general information about pricing, or email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

No comments: