Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sacred Mountains, "Landscape Oil Painting" by Marina Petro

©Marina Petro

Sacred Mountains
20 x 24 inches
Original oil painting on canvas
Landscape Series

Only one in the entire universe...and it could be yours!

Details and purchasing information HERE or EMAIL me for other purchasing options and inquiries. 
Certificate Of Authenticity provided with every original painting.


View all my available paintings here


Here is another painting from my imagination. With this one, I began by using burnt umber and applying the paint very quickly and fairly thin. At first, and as usual, I kept my 'mind' out of it and allowed the action of brain to hand to paint to canvas lead me. After a while, I began to 'see' structures that looked like buildings but when I started putting the lighter paint on they became mountains...always an adventure and surprise when I paint in this fashion....try it sometime...

Today's Quotation: "The painter's mind is a copy of the divine mind, since it operates freely in creating the many kinds of animals, plants, fruits, landscapes, countrysides, ruins, and awe-inspiring places."
-Leonardo da Vinci
 

No comments: