Saturday, February 23, 2013

Youthful Magic-Child Figurative

 Close up

Acrylic on 7x5 hardboard.

 This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Sharron was the gracious hostess.

I loved the youthful magic of Julia in the warming sun.
This is plain acrylics on a 7x5 hardboard.
I first prepared the surface with greyed gesso applied with a painting knife in order to get a knife painting texture. Then, I used the acrylics thinly in many layers. I accented selected contours with Pitt Pens.
This approach is all new to me, so that fact just added to the fun! I'm pleased with the outcome.

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking and commenting!


Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Deanos Den
Matthew 19:14     But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

No comments: