Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God's Candy Watercolor Painting

God's Candy watercolor painting (9 x 12 inches) for the monthly Art Right Now Meetup group for the month of March.  The word is "candy" and I contemplated not even attending because I couldn't think of what to do, and then suddenly I remembered in one of Dr. Amen's books his reference to the benefits of blueberries and referred to them as "God's candy".....     February challenge is done, and I have to say it was hard but very beneficial, in many ways.  I won second prize in the Watercolor Society's Bon Appetit show   for the Strawberries painting (for the word sweet).    Another painting has given me an idea for a children's book, which I'm rough drafting.    I also highly recommend the book that has stimulated all of this:  The Artists Way by Julia Cameron
You ought to have seen what I saw on my way
To the village, through Mortenson's pasture to-day:
Blueberries as big as the end of your thumb,
Real sky-blue, and heavy, and ready to drum
In the cavernous pail of the first one to come!
And all ripe together, not some of them green
And some of them ripe! You ought to have seen!
Robert Frost
Blueberries.
Please see the paintings purchasing information for some general information about pricing, or email me at

No comments: