Friday, July 12, 2013

New "Green" Article by Diana Moses Botkin


I promised in my post last month that I'd let you know when an article I was redoing was up and running online. I'm pleased to report that my revised and updated piece "12 Practices for Artists to 'Go Green'" is now live at Blick Art Materials website.

I hope you find some useful information in the article and pass the link along to others who might like to read it!

Being a good steward of all that the Lord has given us includes being wise with our art materials so we don't pollute this beautiful earth we've been given.

This painting at left is a piece I painted in pastel over two decades ago. The idea for this image came in response to a cold clear mountain stream I encountered near Crested Butte during a summer vacation while living in hot Oklahoma.

(above) "Sunlight and Snowmelt"
Original pastel 20.5"x16" 
©1989 Diana Moses Botkin

The original traveled to a show at the Sacred Arts Gallery at the Billy Graham Center Museum not long after I painted it. This is the verse which goes with it.

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it." ~Isaiah 55:10,11

No comments: