Friday, January 1, 2016

Autumn at Herrick Lake by Helen Read

Autumn at Herrick Lake, 10 x 8" oil on canvas
©2015 Helen Read 
$180.00(Please add $20 shipping in the US.  IL residents please add 8.25% sales tax) 
Oil on linen panel
(ready to frame) 

 

Its been awhile in it's completion... but here is the last painting of 2015,  Autumn at Herrick Lake.  
This one started out as a monochromatic study and then, I've glazed in the layers of color, trying to create that sense of depth in the water ... being able to see a little below the surface.  Light and color reflected back.  The colors are challenging to portray - colorful but not too garish.  I tried to create a subtle glow at the top of the trees, showing the light filtering through the warmer colors.  
It's ready to frame and hang!  I'd love to send it to its new home!  

Please visit my blog, Brushstrokes, etc. 
or 
Visit my website

Helen Read - The Studio Upstairs
Wheaton, IL

No comments: