Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Vision of Beauty and Poise

This painting was inspired by a long ago sight.  I was a young girl going off to college and I was waiting in an airport for my flight when I saw the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.  She was very, very dark and very tall and slender.  Looking back now, I bet she was a model.  I just remember the way she carried herself with confidence and ease, a bright smile lit up her face.  Her sundress was crisp, clean and flouncy and moved prettily when she walked.  It was very light and full of flowers and made such a pleasing contrast to her ebony flesh.  I also remember her hair being very short which was something different in those times as many black people back in the 70s were sporting afros.  Anyways I often think of that sight and how happy and young she was, full of life and possibility and I thought it might be fun to try to recapture that image on canvas.  It is not nearly as pretty as she was but I had fun playing with the idea.  Because this is such a departure from my usual fare, it has a very low start price with no reserve.

To Visit my Ebay Gallery where you can also bid on this piece click here
To visit my blog, click here

No comments: