Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The end of the day at the Gilcrease back 40 by Margaret Aycock

Well this weekend I was left to my own devices as Scott was out of town, taking a group of young, and not so young musicians to the Folk Alliance in Kansas City.  It has been unseasonably warm here with this particular day rising to the 80s!... In February!  When ever it gets like this I am always in a quandary, 'to garden, or to paint?'  So this day I gardened until my dog told me that it would be a great idea to go take a walk down to the back 40 of the Gilcrease Museum, just down the block from us.  So I packed up my paint and my pup and off we went.  We parked ourselves down by the prairie garden where I had a great view of my favorite field to the left and to the right, some amazing clouds lit by the fading sunlight.  A full moon began to rise as I painted and it made it into one of the paintings.  They are both for sale on ebay this week or better yet, purchase here for $25 off each one  The first one is 9x12 on linen, on board $225.  To see the 2nd one, visit my artist blog at My Blog

Shipping is free in the USA.  Outside USA please drop me a line before purchasing.



No comments: