Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Plein Aire Sketch by Margaret Aycock 8x10 oil on canvas

To Bid on this Painting and Visit my Ebay Gallery, Click Here
To Visit my Artist Blog Click Here


One of my favorite places is just a couple miles from the house, through a fence, up a hill and across the fields.  That is where the yellow orange grasses grow.  They light up at this time of day.  It is so pretty and one has to paint quick in order to capture it.  This is a plein aire sketch from a couple of days ago.  I often love these sketches more than a painting that is a labored over, large painting.  This one is perfect just as it is and coveys a feeling of joy at being in that place at that moment.  My husband mentioned that we only have a small window of opportunity to paint in these wild places before the chiggers, ticks and heat arrive.

No comments: