Saturday, September 12, 2009

Late Afternoon Farm

Plein air pastel landscape painting of rolling fields and a farm in the distance.

Plein air pastel landscape painting of rolling fields and a farm in the distance.

Pastel painting 9 inches x 6 inches $100

Please contact me if you are interested in similar artwork.

The fields are all starting to turn and the colors are becoming more like autumn here in southern Michigan. In the late afternoon, the sun casts a warm, golden light on the farmland near our home. To me, it is simply irresistible.

I am constantly drawn to this type of pastel landscape painting, over and over again. I swear it is because, in some earlier incarnation, I was born and raised on a MidWest farm very much like this one. I can’t explain my fascination with barns, and crops and fields in any other way. I certainly don’t know much about that lifestyle. I just can’t stop painting farmscapes!

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

No comments: