Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Louisville Maiden

Watercolor painting of a fountain in the old area of Louisville, Kentucky

Watercolor painting of a fountain in the old area of Louisville, Kentucky

Watercolor painting 6 inches x 9 inches $100 + shipping

Please contact me if you are interested in this or similar artwork.

John and I traveled to Louisville last summer so that I could make sketches and photographs for a commission I had received from a couple down there. We visited with friends and ate at fantastic restaurants and, while John played golf, I wandered around the city. The historic architecture is fantastic and the downtown area felt very much like an old Southern city in the 1900’s. I especially liked the avenues of opulent Victorian homes. This fountain bubbled happily in the middle of an expecially picturesque boulevard. It was 100 degrees in the shade where i sat to paint this watercolor painting.

http://www.jillwagnerart.com
http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

No comments: