Sunday, May 17, 2009

Three Yellow Roses Watercolor Paintingflo

Three Yellow Roses watercolor painting is 7 x 10 inches, on Arches 140 pound paper. The yellow rose represents friendship, and so it's fitting that there are three, and they are in intimate relationship with each other.

Reading this morning from a chapter called Silent Nights and Solitary Days in Max Lucado's "Traveling Light" book, he talks about how loneliness is not the absence of faces, but the absence of intimacy. This may be how God gets our attention. Max uses an example of going on a long ride with a friend's car with only a CD player and your friends classical music selection, which you don't like, to listen to. By the end of your trip, you may be "this isn't so bad". In the pain of our loneliness we may turn to God who so wants us to hear his music.

"He has a rhythm that will race your heart
and lyrics that will stir your tears.
You want to journey to the stars?
He can take you there.
You want to lie down in peace?
His music can soothe your soul."

Just a reminder that even though I am not posting here as often as usual, I am daily painting. I am currently working on the illustrations for a children's book.


For a gallery of my artwork, you can visit my web site. I also have a variety of items with artwork imprinted on them available for purchase through Cafe Press and Zazzle. If you have any questions about any of my artwork, or would like to make a purchase, please email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com All major credit cards are accepted

No comments: