Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hydrangeas in Corsica

"Hydrangeas in Corsica", 9x12, oil on wrapped Masterpiece linen -$550 (Note: Click on the image for a better view of the texture.)

I am a huge fan of hydrangeas, but have not had much luck growing thme here in a subtropical climate zone. The owners of this villa in Corsica obviously do not have the same problem!

I used a great deal of expensive paint (cobalt blue, Cerulean blue, ultramarine blue, etc.), layered on with a palette knife like frosting on a cake, and the painting was done on an archival Vincent wrapped linen support, so it is priced accordingly. It looks better in person, as the layers of blue are not discernible on the computer screen. So if you like gobs of juicy color with your painting, this one if for you.

I found the reference photo online,at a popular picture upload site site, and would love to credit the photographers for the stunning picture, but I was unable to find an email address attached to the photo.

If you would like to purchase this painting, please use the PayPal button below. To see more of my original artwork, please visit my blog at PaintDance.

Maryanne Jacobsen-Venice, Florida, USA

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $550.00 plus $10.00 s/h
Or, send me an email


, , , , ,, ,,,.>,,,,,,

No comments: