Friday, August 28, 2009

Maids of the Mist

Beautiful fountain with figures in St. Joseph Michigan

Plein air watercolor painting of a beautiful fountain with figures in St. Joseph Michigan

Watercolor painting 8.5 inches x 11 inches $200

Please contact me if you are interested in similar artwork.

I’ve been hard at work on my Saline commission and haven’t been able to work on any new paintings this week. I thought I’d post this bargain “oldy but goody” watercolor landscape from a vacation I took a few years ago. “Maids of the Mist” is a beautiful fountain that was originally made for the World’s Fair in Chicago but found a home in St. Joseph Michigan in 1892. I was atracted by the sparkling white water against the dark green foilage of the trees behind. I also liked the idea of the old fountain contrasted with the modern farm storage in the background.

The Side Door Gallery is having a reception Friday night for our Ann Arbor Pastelists show. 6-8 pm in downtown Dexter. Stop by if you can!

http//:www.jillwagnerart.com

http//:www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

No comments: