Monday, August 24, 2009

painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Winter Sunlight III (Miah)," 5" x 7", black cat portrait in acrylic on canvasboard, $249. Inquiries may come to me.

It's been a while since I last painted Miah, my original studio muse. This new painting came from the photos I took during her final days. I couldn't decide if I wanted to depict her frail like she was in the pictures, or if I should add a little flesh to her silhouette and clean up the fur.

I ended up somewhere in between. This painting has some beautiful passages, and because it doesn't have to strictly represent any particular cat or age, I have the freedom to leave it as is.
A special thanks to the new collectors I met at the Addison Oaks event this last weekend. I ended up staying 1-1/2 hours after my scheduled end time in order to sketch portraits for those who were in line, and I am so appreciative of your patience and perseverance. It was a beautiful day, and I enjoyed meeting all of you!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

No comments: