Thursday, August 27, 2009

Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Ponied," from the Saratoga series, 4" x 8", acrylic Thoroughbred portrait on canvasboard, $249 to the first taker. Inquiries may come to me.

I painted this piece a couple weeks ago on one of those rare days that I wasn't herding kids around town. Inspired by my trip to Saratoga opening weekend, it seemed fitting to share in this week's countdown to the Travers Stakes, which will be run at Saratoga this coming Saturday.
I'm itching to get back into the studio and get some painting done. It seems, however, that there are other plans in the works. I will most definately get to paint next Monday evening, though, as part of a live demo, presentation and book-signing hosted by the Orion Township Public Library. I haven't chosen my references yet, but will spend some time in the coming days pouring over files, deciding which face is best suited for the limelight.

Meanwhile, I want to take a moment to wish my niece Tiffany (a longtime fan of Painting a Dog a Day and an excellent horsewoman to boot) and her groom-to-be Justin the most perfect of wedding days. We can't wait to send you off to enjoy the rest of your lives together.

Here's a group toast to Happily Ever Afters!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

No comments: