Friday, September 4, 2009

Art Faire (continued) and a Daily Painting by Diana Moses Botkin


Original oil painting 7"x5"
of bright yellow sunflower, unframed
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $99 USD plus $12 S&H

While talking to people at our north Idaho Art Faire this weekend, I demonstrated sketching and drew portraits in charcoal and painted with oils, working on this live study.

One of the vendors was selling a variety of beautiful flowers and this large sample was one of my favorites.

The yellow and orange colors were fun to paint. I really enjoy using those bright, intense and opaque cadmium pigments. There is really no good substitute for them.

I also used the time during the Faire to stretch one of my giclée reproductions on canvas. I then added texture to the giclée and framed it.

Another fun thing I did was a giveaway for a little mini. Congratulations to Robert of Paradise Valley whose name was drawn out of the hat as the winner!

No comments: