Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jack

Pastel painting portrait painting of an older man with mustache.
Pastel painting portrait painting of an older man with mustache.

Pastel painting 11inches x 14 inches $300

Please contact me if you are interested in similar artwork.

We had a fantastic model at our pastel portrait class yesterday. He had such an interesting face with lots of character. A portrait painters dream! I decided to use only a rich, dark brown and avoid all the other scrumptious colors in my box. It gave me a chance to see light, shadows and volume without all of the confusing hues in the way. Sometimes you just need to get back to basics for a bit.

This morning when I went to retrieve a favorite pastel out of my plein air box, I discovered the box was missing! ABSOLUTE PANIC. I can't live without my traveling pastels. I realized that there was a chance I had left it at my drawing class. A quick phone call confirmed it and calmed me down...

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

No comments: