Sunday, November 29, 2009

Braun Farm November

Plein air pastel landscape painting of a distant farm from the autumn fields.
Plein air pastel landscape painting of a distant farm from the autumn fields.

Pastel painting 10 inches x 8 inches $200

Please contact me if you are interested in similar artwork.

Some of the painters around Saline, Michigan are coming together to exhibit artworks of a special farm near our town. "Visions of Braun Farms" will be displayed in January and February of next year in downtown Saline. I have completed one piece, but on Sunday I thought I'd try another plein air pastel landscape painting of the beautiful old farm. The fields had all been plowed under and there was very little local color this late in November. But I was drawn to the buildings on the crest with the tractor tracks leading up to them. As I painted, a storm clouds appeared to be moving in so I included them to create a little drama.

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

http://www.jillwagnerart.com/artblog

No comments: