Tuesday, April 13, 2010

painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini




"ACD Delivery Boy," from the Sunday Drivers series of paintings, 6" square, Australian Cattle Dog portrait in acrylic on Ampersand Gessobord, $299. Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, from miniature size [4" x 4"] to larger than life) may always come to me.

Friend and fellow pet portrait artist Kim Arre-Gerber recently sent me the reference photo that inspired this painting. She remembered I was painting a series of dogs and cars for publication, and shot the photo in Mexico. I'm slowly working on the series (Sunday Driver is just one of many projects I'm currently juggling) - and I invite you to share any ideas or (non flash) photos you might have for consideration.

Meanwhile, I give you this dear Cattle Dog, quietly waiting in the back of the truck for his route to recommence.

And don't forget about the sale in my Etsy shop - 10% off all original artwork over there (over 100 pieces from Painting a Dog a Day). Paintings make great gifts, and Mother's Day is creeping up. I'm just saying.....

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments: