Friday, June 4, 2010

Frenchies - Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Frenchies," 8" x 10", acrylic on Ampersand Gessobord, commissioned portrait of two French Bulldogs, a work in process. Want to commission a portrait of your own? inquiries (sketches starting at $29, paintings at $209) may always come to me.

This painting turned out even better than it looked inside my head. It doesn't always happen this way, but I am delighted with the color, loose modelling, and expression on Pierre and Claude's faces.

I did create the process on video, however there was one 1/2 hour segment near the end where I neglected to turn the camera on after a potato chip break. I'll get the video edited and up onto the blogasap.
And yes I'm going to ask one more time before the weekend: please vote 5 gold stars for Painting a Dog a Day - we remain in 2nd place by about 40 votes: http://www.dailypainters.com/blog/contest

You are invited to share the link with your friends and family and encourage them to do the same. One of my girlfriends posted the link on her facebook page and offered to buy a cocktail for everyone who voted for me - I love her creative thinking!

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family. Have a great weekend,
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year(2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years(2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments: