Saturday, June 5, 2010

Monet's Cockerel

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

This is my submission to the WDE at Wet Canvas. The image was graciously supplied by Kat. This rooster/cockerel is a resident at Monet's garden in Giverny, France.

Trying something New! I did something different (for me) on this one. Instead of going for the largest brush I could handle, I went with two of my small brushes...plus the palette knife in choice areas. Even though I used small brushes, I resisted the urge to control every stroke which leads to over detailing. I tried to keep the strokes loose and gestural. I like the effect.
Do you think it's too "busy"?

Available

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Deanos Den
Isaiah 66:13 As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."

No comments: