Monday, June 7, 2010

Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini


Untitled in-process painting starring Grace, a luscious Chocolate Lab. This painting is 18" x 24" (a big un!), done in Golden Open Acrylics on Ampersand Gessobord.

You met Grace last month, when I painted several preparatory studies (one here, and the other here). My client and I agreed that this was the pose with the most personality, and I got out the big brushes today.

I'm showing you the early stage of Grace's almost lifesized portrait - it will take me a little more than a day to finish (although if I had my way, there'de be cerael for dinner so I could just keep painting through the night! darn it - why'd I have to thaw out a roast?).

Tomorrow the top 5 artists are advanced to Round Three of the Daily Painters competition, so this is your last chance to vote in Round Two: please vote 5 gold stars for Painting a Dog a Day and help me earn a membership in this prestigious group of artists: http://www.dailypainters.com/blog/contest. You are invited to share the link with your friends and family and encourage them to do the same.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family,
Kim

PS. PSST - Want to commission a portrait of your own? inquiries (sketches starting at $29, paintings at $209) may always come to me.

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments: