Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

FROM TOP: "Inquisitive" and "Precocious," both 9" square sketches of Gracie, a miniature salt and pepper Schnauzer, done in Golden Open Acrylics on multimedia artboard. One for my client and one for.... you! Drop me a line if you are interested.
Gracie belongs to another artist, the amazing photographer Sarah Beth. It's clear from Gracie's eyes that she knows her job is to inspire. And that she takes said job as seriously as tormenting the cats.
And when Gracie's "Mom" Sarah isn't shooting photographs of Gracie, she's working up equally gorgeous photos of her clients' dogs. I was moved to tears when reading about her session with Gryphon, a terminally ill golden. Sarah has the sort of compassion and dedication towards rescued animals and service animals that we love and respect around these parts, too.
So, when you are done oogling over Sarah Beth's website, take a minute to visit the Daily Painter's site and cement my position in the Top 5 !!
Your assignment is such: visit http://www.dailypainters.com/blog/contest (and have patience - the site's been having problems loading up today) and vote 5 gold stars for Painting a Dog a Day.
If you voted before you can vote again - the winner will be chosen on June 18th based on number of votes.
I'm sending out a huge thanks - you got me this far, and I truly appreciate it!!
Kim
PS. PSST - Want to commission a portrait of your own? inquiries (I'm now offering sketches starting at $29, paintings at $209) may always come to me.
TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments: