Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Sunset Over the Loire River, Amboise, France" by Karla Nolan, framed glass painting water reflections colorful contemporary modern cruciani




ALERT: You are about to view art of a different nature. These are paintings on glass -- that is, painted directly onto glass with specially formulated glass paints. They are always framed for the protection of the glass. The paints often are transparent and sometimes opaque, giving a stained glass appearance under good light. They, like all fine art, should not be hung in direct sunlight. The photographs do not do them justice -- my colors are very vibrant. Close ups are available, just e-mail me for information (see below). In most instances, click on the actual image for an even larger image to view -- you'll see lots of different items such as marbelization, transparent or opaque parts of the work -- try it and see! Commissions are accepted.

This is one of the more difficult paintings on glass that I've attempted. Getting the reflections on the water from the sunset above -- well, without going into too much detail, suffice it to say that I'm glad I don't paint these every day. Truly a feat the was far from easy but I do say with all modesty that I feel that I have succeeded. The photograph honestly does not do this painting justice, much as no photograph can absolutely capture any piece of art work. So...what more can be said here? I hope you enjoy viewing this piece as much as I did painting it -- for that more, I hope you enjoy viewing it MORE than I did painting it -- it was difficult!


"Sunset Over the Loire River, Amboise, France", framed painting on glass, 11"x14" measured edge to edge glass, $595 includes s&h in N. America, Paypal preferred, click button below or write me for more information at KarlaNolan@gmail.com; thank you for looking!




MORE NEWS TO ANNOUNCE at KarlaNolanblogspot

No comments: