Saturday, January 28, 2012

Outside Picnic, 16x20 oil by Margaret Aycock, starting bid $175

My adult class had been working on an outside scene w a table set for a ladies picnic.  I had a new student who wanted to do the same but didn't know how to approach it so finding a canvas in the studio that needed to be painted over I demonstrated the process to her.  Using a canvas that already has paint on it can produce some interesting results.  This painting is a little darker than the 1st one as the underpainting affects the top layer of paint.  I still liked the results and my new student produced a successful first painting.  I have this and the first painting on ebay this week on auction w no reserve.  It is 16x20 oil on stretched canvas.  To bid or enter my ebay site to see my 40 other auction paintings click here
To read excerpts from my new full color instructional oil painting book, click here :  http://margaretaycock.com

No comments: