Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here's Lookin at You! by Judy Crowe



Here's lookin at you!

Jill's Mouse Friend
Hi Friends,  Well, I've been very busy.  Last week I put together about 45 paintings for an upcoming one day show, "Art Party" 2012.  This is the second time I've been involved in this fun event that is only one day.  At the art party there will be quite a few small 6x6 paintings along with about 25 framed pieces sizes 8x10 and up.  If you live in the area of Houston and vicinity, and would like to come, just contact me and I'll be happy to send you an email invite!

The little painting above is just a fun little 4x4 (approx) painting I did for my daughter a couple of years ago.  She's a research tech in a genetics lab and she works with mice.  :)  This guy is a bit cuter than most of her lab mice I think but I saw this pic and couldn't resist.  I think she still keeps this little painting on her desk at work.

I listened to a very good "Artist's Helping Artist's Blog Talk" radio program today.  If you are interested in hearing an interview with Peggy Kroll Roberts, (http://www.krollroberts.com) just click the link on the side bar of my blog here and you can hear the conversation with Ms. Roberts who started her career as an illustrator.  I enjoyed the program because she talked about the journey she and her husband Ray Roberts have taken while making a living as full time artists.  It's interesting to hear the struggles of artists who have 'made it'.  Gives me hope that there is still time for the rest of us!


Thank you as always for visiting my blog and stay tuned, in coming days I'll be posting another figurative work along with a large still life that I've completed.  At present, I am working on a pet portrait commission and having fun with that!  Blessings...


Judy's Website
Contact Judy Link

1 comment:

Delilah said...

Jill I love this little guy