Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pansy Stripe 13004, Oil Floral, Leslie Saeta 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, by Nancy Standlee, Texas


Pansy Stripe, 13004
6x6" Oil on Ampersand Gessobord,
$75/$7 Shipping
Purchase at on online gallery at Daily Paintworks HERE.
Day 4 for the Leslie Saeta 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. 

Daily Paintworks is also having a painting challenge with stripes so this one can do double duty. The pansies came from some struggling little plants I have and the stems were so puny I helped them out by using masking tape to straws in an antique pitcher. 
A reducing glass (opposite of a magnifying glass) helps shrink art work in small spaces where it is hard to step back and view the composition. If I stepped back I'd be in the closet. Cheap Joes has one (not the brand I have but looks similar), I have one that's nearly an antique and I remember to use it occasionally. I finally put it out on my work table so I can remember to use it. If you look at a pansy through a reducing glass, now that is small.

TEXAS DAILY PAINTER, OIL PAINTING, SMALL OIL STILL LIFE,  ARTISTS OF TEXAS BLOG, NANCY STANDLEE , FINE ART,  DAILY PAINTWORKS, CONTEMPORARY FINE ARTS INTERNATIONAL, PINTEREST, FLORAL STILL LIFE, FLOWERS IN OIL,

BLOG                  Nancy Standlee Art Blog
WEBSITE            Nancy Standlee
WEBSITE            Canvas by Canvas
Contact:             NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Purchase paintings through my Gallery at Daily Paintworks.
Follow me on Pinterest

No comments: