Saturday, January 12, 2013

Apples And Orange

 Close up

Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

 This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Jean was the gracious hostess.

 I chose the still life because I felt this would be a good subject to continue with the thick, painting knife, technique I used last week.
First I used brush, then the paint shaper, then the painting knife.
I like the active looking surface this gives a painting. Plenty to look at.
I'm not really adept at this style of painting, but I think it would have great possibilities with practice.

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking and commenting!

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Deanos Den
Matthew 9: 12      On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

No comments: