Monday, April 22, 2013

Don Getz Watercoloring Journaling Tour of the United States of America, Day 1, Dallas TX, "Fair and Square", McKinney, TX by Texas Artist Nancy Standlee



Sketch Fair and Square by Nancy
McKinney, TX 4/16/2013
9x12 Kilimanjaro Watercolor Paintbook 140# cold pressed paper

I nearly missed this 3 day Dallas stop on the Don Getz watercoloring jouranling tour of the United States but I made two days of the three.  First day we met at the Artists Showplace in Dallas and drove to McKinney to sketch on the square (or Herb Reed gave me a ride along with Don as I'd left Sugar Foot, my GPS, at home.) . If you'd like to read more about Don's Odyssey read his blog HERE about how this trip came to be and then you might want to read along or better yet, catch up with him along the tour and be a part of this awesome experience.
(I didn't make Day 2 but check back for day 3)
Nancy and Don  (We didn't plan to be color coordinated)

See my website about the one day art journaling workshop I'm giving at the Dutch Art Gallery June 29. It will be called "Love Your Life" art journals.

Original fine art and affordable prints can be found at:
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/NancyStandlee/
                           http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nancy-standlee.html
Order personalized checks, side tear checks, checkbook covers and address labels with a choice of 20 of my paintings on them.


contact: NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Texas Daily Painter, sketchbook journaling, Don Getz, Watercolor Journaling Tour, McKinney Day 1, Fair and Square, Artists of Texas, Nancy Standlee Fine Art, Daily Paintworks, Contemporary Fine Arts International, Pinterest,  Canvas by Canvas, Artists Showplace, Dallas, TX  Check Advantage,

No comments: