Monday, April 29, 2013

Seeing Red-Bull

Close up

Oil on 7x5 gessoed hardboard.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. The very Valri was the gracious hostess who supplied all the great reference photos

 I decided to do the bull and make him a little more menacing than he appears in the photo. It's always fun to try and paint the temperament of a subject.

This is oil on a 7x5 hardboard. After sketching the bull with a Sharpie, I toned the panel with thinned Alizarin Crimson acrylic.
The high value colors were applied with both a painting knife and loaded brush.

C&C welcome. Thanks for commenting!


 Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Deanos Den
John 12:46      I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

No comments: