Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunset Watercolor Painting

Sunset watercolor painting (9 x 12) is from a beautiful photo reference my nephew in Florida took.   The painting almost ended up in the trash with me declaring defeat on this deceivingly 'simple' watercolor.  I washed the paper out and started almost from scratch.  Many years ago my first 'plein air' painting at a local bridge on a beautiful day in May, an elderly gentlemen slowly and with much effort  made his way down a hill to where I sat and then gave me some art advice.  He told me to take the painting, which he said was too dark, and 'give it a bath'.   I took his advice and was pleased to find that what remained looked beautiful.   Sometimes painting involves removing things....  :)

Sometimes there's not a better way. Sometimes there's only the hard way.”
Mary E. Pearson, The Fox Inheritance   

Please see the paintings purchasing information for some general information about pricing, or email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

No comments: