Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Diana Moses Botkin In the Columbia Gorge


I attended a plein air event not long ago in Hood River, Oregon, the Pacific Northwest Plein Air paint out and show. The Gorge is such an amazing and challenging place to paint. This is my third year to participate and I always enjoy the cameraderie with the other artists.

Here I am (left) with three of my paintings at the Opening in September.

That painting in the black frame was painted at a very windy overlook of the Columbia River. At one point, I had gone to my car for something and my plein air pochade blew over. My set-up went sideways, and the painting fell butter side down on the grass. Thankfully, as the paint dried the next day I was able to remove the grass.


(left) "Verdant Valley"
8"x12" Oil on hardboard 
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin 

Mt. Hood is one of my favorite scenes to portray. The spectacle of that graceful form rising from the landscape never ceases to inspire!

No comments: