Friday, November 29, 2013

BURNT COAT LIGHTHOUSE, MAINE, WATERCOLOR PAINTING


Burnt Coat Lighthouse, Maine, watercolor painting (9 X12) from a trip last August to Maine.  Burnt Coat Harbor Lighthouse was built in 1872. It's name is a source of debate. Some say it comes from a Revolutionary War soldier who burnt his coat as a sign of rebellion. Others say the source is Samuel de Champlain, who called the area "Brule-Cote," or Burnt Coast, presumably because it was much used by Indians with campfires.   This information was from Maine's visit Maine website.

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
– Thomas Jefferson

Please see the paintings purchasing information for some general information about pricing, or email me at bunnygriffeth@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

No comments: