Saturday, November 23, 2013

Diana Moses Botkin at Scotchman Peaks Plein Air Event


(left) "Morning Smoke"
Oil, 9"x10" ©2013 Diana Moses Botkin 

We had lovely painting weather for the weekend paint out in October: Indian summer conditions.

Mornings this past weekend for the plein air event were quite cold however, and I was glad I had packed along a coat, hat, gloves, and my UGGs. 

Not all the pieces I started were keepers, but I did bring these  to a good conclusion without feeling like I'd overworked them.

(second painting)
"Evening at the Flats" Oil, 6"x12" ©2013 Diana Moses Botkin 

It is always amazing and inspiring to see the work each of the artists do in such a short time for a plein air paint out.


(third painting)
"Morning Chatter" Oil, 4"x8" ©2013 Diana Moses Botkin 

With all the wonderful paintings hung for the show yesterday, I was especially pleased that one of my pieces was awarded the top prize (the first painting shown in this post, at the top). 

These three sold right away at the Opening at Out Skirts Gallery. Yay for good homes for these paintings!


No comments: