Saturday, November 30, 2013

Serengeti Sundown-Elephants

 Close up

Oil on 5x7 canvas panel.

 This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Joel was the host and provided a bunch of great photos!

 I combined two photos for this painting. A beautiful sundown and two elephants. Something about painting elephants touches a sad spot in my heart, knowing their plight just to survive a bit longer on this planet.

This is oil on a 5x7 canvas board. Part painting knife and part loaded brush. Plenty of paint for texture. I had to re-invent some of the lighting....never an easy thing to do.
Hope ya'all like it!

C&C welcome. Thanks for Commenting!!!   

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Deanos Den
John 1:1      In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

No comments: