Saturday, November 9, 2013

Softness-Child Portrait

 Close up

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Valri was the host and provided a bunch of great photos!

 This is in pencil with touches of warm brown colored pencil on Cotman water colour pad. It's approx 7x7. The hardest thing is in knowing when to set the pencil down and stop.

I tried to take a soft approach to this little girl's portrait. It can be very difficult to keep edges soft. I especially try to avoid hard lines in the features of a child. Easier said than done.

C&C welcome. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Much appreciated!

 Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Deanos Den 
1 John 5:20      And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

No comments: