Monday, February 23, 2015

Forest Secrets - Oil Pastel painting by Helen Read

Forest Secrets, 6.5 x 9" Oil Pastel on Illustration Board
©2015, Helen Read 
Matted in white and ready to frame in 11 x 14" frame
$60.00
(Please add $10.00 shipping in the US, IL residents please add 8.25% sales tax)


 

A couple lines from a Pablo Neruda poem, Lost in the Forest, caught my attention: 
"... Something from far off it seemed
deep and secret to me, hidden by the earth..."
Have you ever felt the secrets of the forest press in as you've journeyed through?  Mysterious, lovely ... yet, the unknown awaits.   This can be true literally or figuratively.  It seems that I'm ever on that journey, finding my way through - captured by the beauty, and yet also containing that measure of uncertainty for all it holds.
 
And so I remember this: 
"Don't fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray!  Let requests and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down."   Philippians 4:6-7 From The Message

Helen Read - The Studio Upstairs
Wheaton, IL 

Please visit my blog, Brushstrokes, etc. 
or 
Visit my website

 

No comments: