Saturday, October 3, 2015

SPRING, ORIGINAL WATERCOLOR PAINTING

SPRING, an original watercolor painting, is my second attempt at a photo reference of my grandson as we walked one early spring morning. I loved this moment with my grandson as he sniffed the first blossoms of spring and I wanted to capture the feeling of it. I just went to a painting demo with Ted Nuttel and was inspired to attempt this again, but I don't think it's where I want it yet.  Also, was inspired by his words about his own (beautiful) paintings and the idea that he either hates his work 'a little or a lot" but is never quite satisfied.  We should always be striving to improve.

- after 115 sittings for a portrait of Ambroise Vollard...
I am not altogether displeased with the shirt-front. (Paul Cezanne

No comments: