Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sunday Snake soriginal oil by Margaret Aycock

My husband Scott and I had a fantastic opening of our show of poetry and paintings, " In Tandem,"  and now that things have settled down a bit I can share a few of the pieces with you.  Here are a few that are in the book, " In Tandem," which is available for purchase with free shipping withing the USA from my blog.  The painting is also for sale for $300.  Write to me from the blog if interested as it is hanging in the show for the month of November and may sell off the wall there.
My Blog
My Ebay Gallery
$10 off each $100 spent in my Ebay Gallery Coupon

SNAKES
                                                                                                                                                               

Sunday mornings
Southern Baptists
Summer heat
All those “S’s” hissing!

In the garden, preacher warned,
“Snakes will lull you to sleep.”

My head in grandmother’s lap

Twirling fans,
suspended from the ceiling.
Never pushing air enough…
sweating
                hearing voice,
not words…
                rising, falling
                    rising, falling.

The stroke of her fingers
tongue at my neck
in my ear
Hissing!

Preacher’s voice
distant and hollow
    as though listening underwater,                                          
to a voice calling
                softly, tenderly
                   rising, falling
                hissing in my ear
sleep. . . sleep. . .  ssssssss . . . .

No comments: