Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Finch and Flower by Helen Read

Finch on a Flower, 6x6" oil on gesso board 
© 2017  Helen Read 
$80.00
Ready to Frame! 
(Please add $10 domestic shipping, IL residents please add 8% sales tax) 

Just a few days ago, as I stood in my kitchen looking out the window, this is what I saw!
From my little finch feeder, a small finch darted down to a coneflower and sat perched on top.
It was not much bigger than the flower itself
and apparently was weightless
 

because the flower didn't seem to even notice it was there; still standing tall, graceful and unwavering.
Such colorful beauty - all framed in the deep greenery of the rest of the garden.
 It deserved, I thought as I watched, to become a little composition to share!
  

 To see more!
Please visit my blog, Brushstrokes, etc 
or
visit my website 

Helen Read - The Studio Upstairs
Wheaton, IL 

No comments: