Monday, September 14, 2009

Contemporary Impressionism Oil Painting From The Racehorse Legends Series By Jennifer Morrison - Ruffian

Ruffian
16x20 Inches
Oil On Canvas
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
"The Queen Of Fillies"
When I was in fourth grade, I checked out a book from the school library called "Ruffian".  I still have the first line memorized, "She was strong, fast, and she loved to run."  The story of this horse is what started my spark of love for all horses.  She was the undefeated filly champion until July 6, 1975 when she competed against the winning Kentucky Derby colt, "Foolish Pleasure".  She was a half a length ahead when her right foreleg snapped.  She was buried at Belmont Park facing the finish line.  She is the highest rated filly on the list at the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame.  Her legend lives on!
Email me at jennifermorrisonart@gmail.com for more information.
Visit my blog at http://www.jenpainting.blogspot.com/
PayPal available.

No comments: