Monday, September 14, 2009

Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Time for a Trim (Yorkie)," 6" square, acrylic Yorkshire Terrier portrait on canvasboard, $249 to the first to ask nicely. Inquiries may come to me.

Today was a little bit of a challenge getting into my painting groove, since I had a child home from school. Four days into the school year and swine flu is already rearing it's ugly head around our parts, so I was especially grateful for Evan's strep verdict, although part of me felt terribly guilty cheering on those streptococcus cells. But at the very least, the rest of the Santini's won't fall victim - strep seems much more manageable than the flu.

That said, despite the interruptions, I found a quiet peace in setting down the layers of color that make up this yorkie's face. I started with the darkest orange (you can still see pockets of it peeking through the blue background) and worked my way to the highlights. moving from a 1/2" flat brush to a finer round.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

No comments: