Wednesday, September 16, 2009

painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Powernap (Jake, Labradoodle)," 6" x 8", dog portrait of a golden Labradoodle, acrylic on canvasboard, $324. Inquiries may always come to me.

I'm debating making the background a step or two darker in value - I wish my Photoshop skills were sharper so I could create a digital mockup in seconds. There's always something new to learn.

Today was my library's used book sale, and I am delighted with the treasures I found. I got a 1st edition of Aubrey Beardsley'sSelected Drawings, a nice collection of Van Gogh reproductions that includes sketches and unfinished works, Phaidon's The Art Book, and my favorite, Andrew Loomis's Figure Drawing for All it's Worth. I grabbed a couple other titles, too, packed with artwork, a grocery sack worth of inspiration for only $7. I've got some excellent reading to look forward to, and owe a big thanks to the library patrons who donated my gems to the sale.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork with your friends and family.
Kim

No comments: