Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wood Creek

Pastel landscape painting of a creek in the woods of Northern Michigan.

Pastel landscape painting of a creek in the woods of Northern Michigan.

Pastel painting 10 inches x 10 inches $450

Please contact me if you are interested in similar artwork.

I am really excited about this recent pastel landscape. I feel like I loosened up and approached the style that I really want to work in. I feel like I finally dropped the worthless details and concentrated on the color, composition and, of course, THE LIGHT AND SHADOWS. It seems like it would be easy to recreate this feeling every time, but once I get going I get caught up in minutiae and then…..

This beautiful little river is near Harbor Springs, in the woods at Pond Hill Farm. The farm was one of the nature conservancy areas that I painted for Tvedten Fine Art ’s plein air charity paint out. The bugs were crazy so I couldn’t paint this scene on site, but I took hundreds of photos and used several for reference for this piece.

http://www.jillwagnerart.com

http://www.jillwagner.art.com/artblog

No comments: