Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bull - Painting a Dog a Day by Kimberly Kelly Santini

"Bull," 8" x 7" sketch, done in Golden Open Acrylics on multimedia artboard, private collection (THANK YOU!). Inquiries (including booking your own pet portrait, sketches starting at $29) may always come to me.

Bull is also a gift, so if you know his family, please keep this hush hush. We don't want to ruin the surprise.

A special welcome to the new Dog a Day readers who have wandered over from the Daily Painter's site - glad to have you here!! I try to create 4-5 new pet portraits each week, and share a little bit about my subjects or my process or whatever seems pressing at the moment. Welcome to the club!

However, that said, I'm punching out for the remainder of the week. Please don't take offense - my brother is getting married (and I cannot wait to gather with my extended family to celebrate a new sister)! Then on Sunday I have my first Creative Journalling workshop session - 12 students ready to put pen to paper and express themselves, which I am also very excited about.

Between earthquakes and inclement weather, stay safe this weekend. And stay tuned for some exciting faces come next week - I have airedales, a husky mix, bassets and a few other great dogs lined up.

Thanks, as always, for looking at - and sharing - my artwork and musings with your friends and family.
Kim

TWITTER: ksantini
SHOP ORIGINALS & LIMITED EDITION GICLEES: at my Etsy shop
ORDER CUSTOMIZED NOTECARDS & REPRODUCTIONS: at Imagekind
COMMISSION A PET PORTRAIT: contact me
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE: contact me
READING MATERIAL: Preview and order each of the Dog a Day books at the publisher's website: The First Year (2006-2007) and That's 14 in Dog Years (2008). If you would like your copy personalized, order them through me.

No comments: